Quick: What do these three people have in common?
National icons? World domination? Perhaps. But all three are celebrating their 80th birthdays this year. As www.radioopensource.org notes, "...each one of them came to power nearly 50 years ago and they each did their part to define the second half of the 20th century…they continue to thrive in the 21st. So come raise a glass and join us at the intersection of Monarchism, Hedonism and Communism."
Amen.
In other news, it was much cooler poolside today with fewer crowds and disgruntled guests. After all of that was over, I came home and brought our smelly trash to the dump. It made me think of how I have taken my father and his dump-runs for granted. We don't have trash pickup. Don't ask. When I can drop my trash at the curb, it will be a luxury. Better than a panini-maker, even.
I went to the beach and floated lazily in my inner tube that Brandon and I bought this weekend in P-Town. Alas, we found that you can't use floatation devices at Waldon Pond (the inner lifeguard had a sneaking suspicion that this might be the case). However, the pesky lifesavers leave the beach promptly at 4pm, along with the gate attendants. So I got to park for free and use my inner tube in peace. Until the greenheaded flies started biting my legs incessently as I read the Sunday NYT Magazine. Came home, made a killer salad, and talked with miss Lesley on the phone. We are going (read: swanging) to Nantucket this weekend for some R&R.
Tonight I really should do some work for work (which begins in a little over a week!) and then go to sleep so I don't regret staying up late like I do every morning when I stumble out of bed at 7am to vacuum a pool of 136,000 gallons.
I am listening nonstop to the news, I have already heard "The World" broadcast once today. I will comment on the war between Israel and Lebanon (not to be confused with Hezbollah) in a later post where it will be more appropriate. It would be wrong to include such circumstances in a post with the Hefner-Windsor-Castro (love?) triangle.
To save my own ass, the pictures in this post are courtesy of Google images.
National icons? World domination? Perhaps. But all three are celebrating their 80th birthdays this year. As www.radioopensource.org notes, "...each one of them came to power nearly 50 years ago and they each did their part to define the second half of the 20th century…they continue to thrive in the 21st. So come raise a glass and join us at the intersection of Monarchism, Hedonism and Communism."
Amen.
In other news, it was much cooler poolside today with fewer crowds and disgruntled guests. After all of that was over, I came home and brought our smelly trash to the dump. It made me think of how I have taken my father and his dump-runs for granted. We don't have trash pickup. Don't ask. When I can drop my trash at the curb, it will be a luxury. Better than a panini-maker, even.
I went to the beach and floated lazily in my inner tube that Brandon and I bought this weekend in P-Town. Alas, we found that you can't use floatation devices at Waldon Pond (the inner lifeguard had a sneaking suspicion that this might be the case). However, the pesky lifesavers leave the beach promptly at 4pm, along with the gate attendants. So I got to park for free and use my inner tube in peace. Until the greenheaded flies started biting my legs incessently as I read the Sunday NYT Magazine. Came home, made a killer salad, and talked with miss Lesley on the phone. We are going (read: swanging) to Nantucket this weekend for some R&R.
Tonight I really should do some work for work (which begins in a little over a week!) and then go to sleep so I don't regret staying up late like I do every morning when I stumble out of bed at 7am to vacuum a pool of 136,000 gallons.
I am listening nonstop to the news, I have already heard "The World" broadcast once today. I will comment on the war between Israel and Lebanon (not to be confused with Hezbollah) in a later post where it will be more appropriate. It would be wrong to include such circumstances in a post with the Hefner-Windsor-Castro (love?) triangle.
To save my own ass, the pictures in this post are courtesy of Google images.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home