Thursday, November 02, 2006

Yesterday wasn't such a good day. I hate feeling irresponsible, unprepared, anxious, and apologizing for things that aren't my fault. All of which was done last evening.

I'm not going to recall it. It's over. Thank God for the people who are willing to listen, though. It makes such a huge difference, especially when you are all alone.

My students, though, know how to make me smile. Not one of them mentioned the previous evening (something involving being really late for a parent seminar) and they were just attentive and fun, as usual. The faculty and staff are nice, as well. Tomorrow is my last day with all of them. I leave for Chicago on Sunday.

I know absolutely nothing about Chicago. No idea how huge it is, no idea how the driving is, where the schools are, nothing. I feel very lost and I think part of the reason that I was so upset last night had to do with all this anxiety surrounding my move. In many ways, I am just ready to go home, have a break, and see my family and friends. But I shouldn't have freaked out at home the way that I did.

I have to look over the briefs for my Chicago schools and then call my boss. We have to talk about the programs themselves and I also have to tell him about last night. It wasn't a big deal, I suppose, but it was to me--I really hope it isn't to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home